[K12OSN] nic change dhcp fails now :Solved

Barry Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Sat Apr 7 05:20:52 UTC 2007

Hello All,

 I finaly figured out why dhcp was failing to start after changing the
eth0 nic card.( from 10/100 to 1000mb). I had used Webmin to select eth0
as the card to run dhcp on. After lots of head scratching,i found it was
in fact the /etc/sysconfig/dhcpd.txt file was altered. Webmin had changed
the stock 'DHCPARGS=" -cf /etc/dhcpd-k12ltsp.conf"'   to DHCPARGS= eth0.
BTW: in the system log i was getting error" you need to set
ddns-update-style in your dhcp.conf file".
So if you ever run into this ..remeber you seen it here:)...

Take care,

Barry Cisna