Re: [K12OSN] KDE AutoLogin

You mis-typed the word 'ethernet' in your dhcpd-k12ltsp.conf entry.

Petre

Ray Garza wrote:
Hey Y'all,

I tried to do the autologin for KDE and it didn't work. Here's what I did:

K12LTSP 6.0 package
user: catalog
password: <password>

went to /etc/dhcpd-k12ltsp.conf added:

host catalog {
	hardware ehternet	00:02:2A:BF:FA:27;
	fixed-address		192.168.0.20;
}

went to /etc/hosts and changed:
192.168.0.20	catalog.ltsp	catalog

went to /etc/X11/xdm/kdmrc and kdmrc.ltsp and added at the bottom:
[X-catalog:0-Core]
AutoLoginEnable=true
AutoLoginUser=catalog
AutoLoginPass=<password>
AutoLoginSession=kde

rebooted server and then rebooted client pc and the client pc does not auto login. I know the dhcpd part is working because i can "ping catalog" and get a response back wit the correct IP address.

Is there something that I'm missing?

Thanks,

Ray