Re: Rép. : Re: [K12OSN] KDE AutoLogin

To elaborate on Guy-Michel's point: The desktop--kde, gnome, icewm, whatever--is independent of which display manager--gdm, kdm, or xdm--is used. Fedora, and thus K12LTSP, defaults to using gdm. This has nothing to do with which desktop is used or is the default. Even if you've set KDE to be the default desktop, unless you've changed the display manager to kdm, the settings you have below won't work. You can use gdm with autologin--there are at least four docs on the wiki on it--and still have KDE be the default desktop. Make sure you are using kdm and the settings below, or gdm and use the settings described on the wiki.

Petre

Guy-Michel Lessard wrote:
Are you sure kdm is used?, i have all 3 desktops (kde, gnome and xfce) available but only gdm is used for all three.

Guy Lessard
Professeur CÉGEP de l'Outaouais
Gatineau, Québec
Canada
Ray Garza <ray mission lib tx us> 09/04/07 11:25 >>>
Sorry about that, I didn't copy and paste, I just retyped it in while looking at it on the terminal screen. I rechecked the config file to make sure and yes it is spelled correctly in it.

Ray