Rép. : Re: [K12OSN] KDE AutoLogin

Ray Garza ray at mission.lib.tx.us
Tue Apr 10 20:19:04 UTC 2007

On Monday 09 April 2007 21:20, Peter Scheie wrote:
> To elaborate on Guy-Michel's point: The desktop--kde, gnome, icewm,
> whatever--is independent of which display manager--gdm, kdm, or xdm--is
> used.  Fedora, and thus K12LTSP, defaults to using gdm.  This has
> nothing to do with which desktop is used or is the default.  Even if
> you've set KDE to be the default desktop, unless you've changed the
> display manager to kdm, the settings you have below won't work.  You can
> use gdm with autologin--there are at least four docs on the wiki on
> it--and still have KDE be the default desktop.  Make sure you are using
> kdm and the settings below, or gdm and use the settings described on the
> wiki.
>
> Petre

Well, even though everything looked correct, I just couldn't get KDM to
autologin, so, I gave up on it and switched over to GDM. GDM gave me a little
trouble but once I verified that the script worked, I was able to get the
remote pc to boot and auto login into the correct account. I used the script
that was in
http://www.k12ltsp.org/mediawiki/index.php/A_more_complete_How-To_for_setting_up_autologin_of_clients_using_Gnome_&_GDM

I changed the script a little to suit my needs and it worked fine.

Thanks everyone for your input.

Ray