[K12OSN] Re: K12OSN Digest, Vol 38, Issue 12

Subject:
[K12OSN] best way to distribute bookmarks to users
From:
Peter Scheie <peter scheie homedns org>
Date:
Mon, 09 Apr 2007 21:39:22 -0500
To:
"Support list for open source software in schools." <k12osn redhat com>

To:
"Support list for open source software in schools." <k12osn redhat com>

Petre,
That sounds like the most logical way to do it actually. Maybe do a script similar to the 'push icons' script with a launcher on the server desktop, except only have it affect a certain 'group' (i.e. students). Just a thought. :-)

Dave Land
Land Computer Service
I swear someone just asked this question, but I can't find it in my archives. What is the best way for teachers to distribute Firefox bookmarks to students' accounts? I suppose I could tell the teacher to get her bookmarks set the way she wants, and then give her a script that copies her ~/.mozilla/firefox/*default/bookmarks.html to the same place for each user. But that seems a bit clumsy. Anyone know a better way?

Petre