[K12OSN] rdesktop coming up first

Rob Owens rowens at ptd.net
Wed Apr 11 21:01:59 UTC 2007

I came across this unresolved issue in the archives (see below) and I
solved it by editing /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/screens.d/rdesktop and
uncommenting the following lines near the bottom of the script:

echo -n "        Press <enter> to Login  "
read

I hope this helps someone.

-Rob

On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 10:58:42 -0500, Joe Korzeniewski wrote
> Just an observation. Although rdesktop runs like a dream as screen 02,
> it has
> been my experience that when the terminal boots, it will come up to
> the rdp
> login screen rather than the login screen for k12ltsp. No matter what
> screen I
> switch rdesktop to, it still comes up first. I have not personally got
> sound
> working on rdesktop, but I think I remember seeing it mentioned a
> while back
> on this list. If you solve the screen hogging issue, please let me
> know!

I think I actually solved it at last years NCLS, but I don't remember
for sure.  If it
pops into my head I'll post back out to a new thread.  If I remember
right it actually
is on screen 02 when it fires up it just so happens that it is the first
session
available so it is displayed.  I think there was a switch or something
to either delay
the login of rdesktop so that the LTSP login won the race, or a switch
to set screen 01
as the default to be shown.