Re: [K12OSN] Downgrading software (Mysql 5 to Mysql 4)

yeah except fedora (1,2 or 3) is what's recommended.

On 4/11/07, Dan Young <dyoung mesd k12 or us> wrote:
Peter Hartmann wrote:
> On 1/31/07, Krsnendu dasa <krsnendu108 gmail com> wrote:
>> I am running K12LTSP-6 and I want to install Koha, the library
>> management system. Unfortunately Koha is not compatible with Mysql 5,
>> the version of Mysql in the yum repositories for Fedora Core 6. It is
>> easy enough to uninstall Mysql 5 using yum remove mysql-server but how
>> do I install version 4?
>> Do I enable the Fedora Core 4 repository and try to install using yum
>> or do I download the rpm and try to manually install, or do I build
>> from source.
>> When I tried the rpm method it complained of incompatible dependencies
>> like openssl for example.
>
> Did you evr solve your problem? I'm having the same difficulty in the
> installer.pl script:
>
> ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'kohaadmin'@'localhost'
> (using password: YES)
>
> Except that I'm using fc4 and mysql-4.1.20-1.FC4.1.

If I were setting up a database that people might be using for a while,
I'd probably be putting it on CentOS.

As a bonus, CentOS 4 is still on MySQL 4.1, so there you go.

Desktops -> Fedora
Servers  -> CentOS

--
Dan Young <dyoung mesd k12 or us>