[K12OSN] Re: Open Source library Software

On Apr 11, 2007, at 11:49 AM, k12osn-request redhat com wrote:

I know this question has been posed before, but I'm looking at it again.

Any updated feelings of folks on the best options for library software.

thanks

Shane

Hey Shane -

I have done a couple of installs of OpenBiblio (http://obiblio.sourceforge.net/) for small elementary school libraries that didn't have the $10K for the commercial option and felt that Koha was too much for them.  I would be happy to answer any questions you have about the OpenBiblio install process.

I also know that some of our (VT)  smaller schools, with solid Internet access,  have outsourced their library automation for a monthly fee to some company in California.

Bryant Patten
White Nitro, LLC