[K12OSN] teachertool in new setup

cisna-barry at wc235.k12.il.us cisna-barry at wc235.k12.il.us
Thu Apr 12 15:44:33 UTC 2007

Eric,

 I had the exact same prob with one install like this, recently. K12LTSP
v.5. This is not a real fix,but I think it will let your teachertool
"work" with Monitor/Broadcast.  DO;
/usr/lib/teachertool-vncviewer  --at a terminal
You will be prompted for the terminal name you want to monitor
<ws001>,,,then password you entered for the teachertool setup <password>.
You should get a working monitoring window of the terminal you choose.
Now try both Monitor & Broadcast within the teachertool GUI. I think it
will work for you. The only thing is you have to repeat this with each
root login.
This was on a default install of K12LTSP v5. with stock teachertool.
I think it may be password related,but have not had time to revisit this box.

Take Care,

Barry Cisna