[K12OSN] Recommendations needed for the most server for $4k

Todd O'Bryan toddobryan at mac.com
Mon Apr 16 03:20:58 UTC 2007

If you search the list archives, I'm pretty happy with the server I just
built and am almost positive I posted the specs. For about $2000, it was
4GB RAM and two dual-core Opterons.

2 caveats: quieter fans and get lots of RAM.

I used SATA drives which have been fine running 30 clients.

I also purchased from eWiz.com. They were actually a little cheaper than
NewEgg.

Todd