Re: [K12OSN] RE: Future LTSP direction: Local Apps

On 4/19/07, rowens ptd net <rowens ptd net> wrote:

There was a discussion a few weeks back regarding what Robert Arkiletian saw
at Kamloops school in Canada.  Link for reference:
https://listman.redhat.com/archives/k12osn/2007-March/msg00698.html

I was trying to remember the name of a certain project I had read about, and I
just stumbled across it today:  DRBL http://drbl.sourceforge.net/  It stands
for Diskless Remote Boot in Linux.  Basically, a server is set up which has
the operating system, and it PXE boots clients.  The clients then run *all* of
their applications locally, but with no hard drive (all filesystems are
mounted from the server).

Interesting. Thanks for the link. I will pass it on.

--
Robert Arkiletian