Re: [K12OSN] OT: pam_mount asks for password twice

Hi Rob,

This can be fixed by editing your pam files. Basically you need to
tell pam to accept the first credential that is correct and not to ask
again once thats happened. I use winbind and I configured my
/etc/pam.d/gdm file to look like this:

#%PAM-1.0
auth    requisite       pam_nologin.so
auth    required        pam_mount.so
auth    sufficient      pam_winbind.so use_first_pass
auth    sufficient      pam_unix.so nullok_secure use_first_pass
auth    required        pam_env.so
@include common-auth
account  sufficient     pam_mount.so
@include common-account
session required        pam_limits.so
session optional pam_console.so
@include common-session
@include common-password
session  optional      pam_mount.so

It works for me, although I don't fully understand it. :-)

John