Re: [K12OSN] OT: Stopping P2P sharing

I think you'll have to elaborate on what you want to prevent. Using a web browser is 'file sharing', as is much of computer communication, in that the user's computer requests a file, in this case an html file, from another computer, the web server.

If you're talking about bittorrent traffic, you could block ports 6881-6999 on your external firewall.

Petre

Mel Wade wrote:
We are looking for a solution to stop file sharing on student owned computers on our network. Anyone have a solution?

--
Mel Wade
http://www.melwade.com