Re: [K12OSN] OT: Stopping P2P sharing

Peter Scheie wrote:

I think you'll have to elaborate on what you want to prevent. Using a web browser is 'file sharing', as is much of computer communication, in that the user's computer requests a file, in this case an html file, from another computer, the web server.

If you're talking about bittorrent traffic, you could block ports 6881-6999 on your external firewall.

Though that won't really block all BitTorrent as it's pretty easy to set the port you want to use in the BitTorrent client. I use 16881 myself for instance. Probably better to block *all* ports by default and only open up the ones that are really needed.

Nils Breunese.