[K12OSN] OT: need help configuring web server on Ubuntu Server to allow file uploads

Daniel Bodanske daengbo at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 04:19:19 UTC 2007

I still say that webdav is the easiest solution.

Look here:
Easy: http://bliki.rimuhosting.com/space/knowledgebase/linux/webserver/apache/webdav
More complicated:
http://www.howtoforge.com/webdav_with_ssl_and_two_factor_authentication

Enable WebDAV on the Client
http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles_tutorials/WebDAV-IIS.html
http://itsinfo.tamu.edu/workshops/handouts/html_handouts/webdav_handout_windowXP.htm

Then just connect with a webdav client and input the password. All
permissions are automatically correct. Certainly more elegant that a
cron job, though I've used those before, as well.

Dan