[K12OSN] K12LTSP 5.0 EL test #3

"Terrell Prudé Jr." microman at cmosnetworks.com
Wed Apr 25 17:40:51 UTC 2007

Eric Harrison wrote:
> rmcdaniel at indata.us wrote:
>
>> Is this going to be the direction of K12LTSP, using CentOS instead of
>> Fedora?
>>

> The direction has been to support both RHEL/CentOS and Fedora. The first
> CentOS-based "EL" version was released about two years ago.
>
> -Eric

Thank you, Eric.  I'm currently running at home--and championing
wherever someone will listen--the CentOS version.  The reason, of
course, is the long-term support nature of CentOS, due to its RHEL
parentage.  However, when I do my demos, I generally use the Fedora
version for the bleeding-edge eye-candy.

--TP