[K12OSN] Another question about BDC

Brian Chivers brian at portsmouth-college.ac.uk
Thu Apr 26 13:16:28 UTC 2007

I've been reading the section in the "Samba 3 By Example" about setting up a BDC and I've got
section about using NFS to mount the homes directory.

I can understand why you'd want to mount /home via nfs to the BDC in case things went wrong with
Samba on the PDC but surely you'd also have to mount the profiles & profdata shares onto the BDC to
allow these BDC to read this information.

I've read through the book a few times now and see no mention of this so has anyone setup PDC /
BDC's and used them in "anger" ??

Thanks
Brian Chivers
Portsmouth College