Re: [K12OSN] FL_Teachertool - broadcast - localhost

I'm not sure why you're having a problem. On my k12ltsp 5 & 6 servers, the only thing that resolves to localhost is 127.0.0.1. 192.168.0.254 only resolves to server.ltsp. I *did* have a problem with broadcast not working, but I fixed that by compiling my own vncreflector. But I don't recall what, if any, error message I was getting with the stock FC vncreflector.

Petre

Dave Lindstrom wrote:
I knew it had to be too simple. In my /etc/hosts file, I just put "localhost" as an alias for the server ip (last line of file):

192.168.0.254   server.ltsp     server  localhost

I am not sure why this wasn't in the K12ltsp distribution as part of the install. It seems like everyone would have this problem??

-dave

David Lindstrom wrote:
Hi

FL_Teachertool is wonderful. The only problem I have is on broadcast. I am using the basic install for K12ltsp 6 - for configuration, I have followed the directions on:

http://www.k12ltsp.org/mediawiki/index.php/Setting_up_Fl_TeacherTool_on_K12LTSP_5_or_newer

I launched FL_Teachertool with the "teach" command, which uses sudo as in the above instructions. I get this message when I click on the "broadcast" button:

Starting in the background, see the log file for errors and other messages.
Couldn't convert 'localhost' to host address

I get the message whether running on the server box or from a client terminal.

My guess is that it is simple configuration.  Any ideas?

thanks.

-dave