[K12OSN] OT: printing to a Windows-only printer

Steven Santos steven at simplycircus.com
Fri Apr 27 02:13:07 UTC 2007

We used a simple batch file along with a command line PDF utility.  I think
we bought the utility from Adobe, but I am sure you could do the same with
Ghostscript (we couldn't back then - I tried...)

Anyways, here is a copy of the script we origionaly used

==print.bat==
# Collect a list of all files to print...
dir c:\networkprint\*.pdf /B > c:\networkprint\print.txt

# Print using the printpdf utility.  The /touch:A set the archive attribute
adfter it printed
printpdf /f:'c:\networkprint\print.txt' /touch:A

# Delete all pdf files that have the archive attribute set
del c:\networkprint\*.pdf /Q /A:A

# Delete the list of files to print...
del c:\networkprint\print.txt
==end==

I don't have a copy of it, but I know that we eventually added in some error
control - that is when a file failed to print, the script moved that to
another directory, and printed a list of the files it failed to print.

  _____

Steven Santos
Director, Simply Circus, Inc.
Email: Steven at SimplyCircus.com