Re: [K12OSN] Help with Fl_TeacherTool

Robert Arkiletian wrote:
On 4/26/07, James P. Kinney III <jkinney localnetsolutions com> wrote:
On Thu, 2007-04-26 at 16:20 -0700, Robert Arkiletian wrote:
> I want to make fl-tt better. Is there any way to get a clients
> DISPLAY
> and
> XAUTHORITY
> environment variables if you are root?
>
> Is XAUTHORITY always =/home/username/.Xauthority  ?

I think this is correct. I have never seen any other location
for .Xauthority
> Is DISPLAY always =wsXXX.ltsp:0.0 where XXX is the last part of the ip?

That is K12LTSP/LTSP specific. If another naming scheme is in use, this
will not be the case. In the Atlanta Public Schools pilot roll-out, the
thin clients are named rmXXXscYY  where XXX is the room number and YY is
a sequential counter within each room. This scheme is used so lpoptions
can be run on login to set the default printer (which uses a similar
naming scheme: rmXXXprYY).

Question: Is the DISPLAY env variable for a client always of the form
hostname:0.0 ?

On my K12LTSP version 6 box it is. Not sure about ver. 5 although I can check it later tonight.

Petre