[K12OSN] Can you mix LDAP database backends

From all the other questions I've asked I guess you all know that I'm in the process of updating / replacing several of our servers.

During my "reading" about this it would appear that most LDAP systems now use bdb as the database backend where as our existing systems use ldbm.

When I setup the new LDAP server can I simply do a slapcat from the current system then slapadd it to the new system ?

Also we have several slave ldap servers setup, these currently use ldbm so can you replicate a bdb master to ldbm slaves ??

Thanks
Brian Chivers
Portsmouth College

the views of Portsmouth College