Re: [K12OSN] OT - Web based appliance

I'll toot the FreeNX horn as well...it is amazingly fast over the network and internet both in comparison with VNC...

--Huck

Les Mikesell wrote:
rmcdaniel indata us wrote:
Does anyone know of an open source solution that will provide a web
front end to all applications regardless of server OS.  I was thinking
along the lines of this NTAVO appliance by Devon IT.

http://www.devonit.com/gateway/gateway_overview.php

Does it have to be a web connection? Freenx/NX is pretty good at running anything remotely. You can connect via nx to a session running rdesktop to a windows server too. For strictly web, open source, and cross platform you could use vnc's applet mode but it won't perform as well as freenx.