[K12OSN] Help with sed script!

Burroughs, Henry HBurroughs at HHPREP.ORG
Thu Aug 9 15:34:36 UTC 2007

I'm trying to get a sed script put together to cleanup newlines in an
ldifde export file before I import it back into my new AD forest (I am
migrating all the Exchange contacts between domains).

What I have is this (and other variations of the line wrap):

member:

 CN=Joan/Joseph Brunori,OU=SortMe,OU=E-mail Address
Book,OU=Prep,DC=MEDIA,DC=LO

 CAL

I need to get rid of the " " and newline after member (which pulls up
the CN row) and then get rid of the newline that sometimes breaks up the
end of the row.  So basically, these member: entries should begin with:

Member:  and end with LOCAL.  I don't care if the script makes two
passes (one to fix the member, then the other to fix the other newline).
I've got to get that imported so I can migrate the exchange mailboxes
tonight! Yuck!!

Henry Burroughs

Technology Director

Hilton Head Preparatory School