[K12OSN] samba drives/home folder and MS Vista probs

Huck dhuckaby at paasda.org
Fri Aug 10 15:26:55 UTC 2007

net use * /d

that command should delete any network mappings you have...

and do you have in smb.conf  the line that the comments say is for
Windows 95 machines to join the domain turned to YES ?

I think it is 'domain logons = yes'

It should be YES...because it isn't just for Win '95 boxes at all, and
they really should change that comment someday...

You say you have it working with your 2k and XP boxes though...hrmph...
and that link you posted shows that most of those people's problem was
with the firmware of their NAS devices..

Having only had to set up 3 Vista Home machines for some real estate
clients...I haven't had to setup any 'real' networking(just wireless),
so I'm shooting from the hip here..

Can you browse to the LTSP server like you would in XP..'view entire
network' -> Microsoft Windows Network -> LTSPSERVER -> [list of shares] ??

Now you have me worried as Vista was slated to replace the XP lab
2008-2009 school year...

--Huck