[K12OSN] VNC stopped working

Mark Cockrell cockrell at honeygroveisd.net
Mon Aug 13 15:34:47 UTC 2007

John Lucas wrote:
> On Monday 13 August 2007 10:36, Mark Cockrell wrote:
>
>> An update to this...
>> When I try "service vncserver start" from the command line I get
>> "Starting VNC server: no displays configured".  It seems that a
>> configuration file has been messed up somewhere along the lines.  I
>> don't know what the magic is that connect VNC to the login manager in
>> K12LTSP, so I'm at a loss.  Any pointers?
>>

> Make sure you have the package "vnc-ltsp-config" installed. This invokes Xvnc
> from xinetd rather than from the vncserver "service". BTW this means that you
> also have to have xinetd running and the /etc/xinetd.d/vncts service enabled.

Thanks for your reply John, but as far as I can tell that package is
installed.  I did a "yum remove vnc-ltsp-config" followed but a "yum
install vnc-ltsp-config" hoping that might change something, but it
didn't seem to.  This is a remote server and I use VNC a lot on it, so
I'm open to any suggestions at this point.  Thanks.

C-ya,
Mark
____
Shrimps' hearts are in their heads.