[K12OSN] smbldap question ... "this is bad"

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Tue Aug 14 03:50:25 UTC 2007

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 15:42:39 -0500, Kari Matthews wrote
> Hello,
>
> When I run the smbldap-configure script, it goes along nicely until I get to
> this:
>
> Backing up "/etc/smbldap-tools/smbldap.conf" at
> "/etc/smbldap-tools/smbldap.conf-Mon_Aug_13_15_48_38_2007.bak"
> failure!
> I'm stopping here because this is bad.
> Correct the error by hand and re-run this script.
>
> Can anyone advise me how to correc this by hand?

Forgive me for even suggesting this, I am sure a solution is not this simple.  But did
you run the script with root privileges?  It looks like the backup is the first action
to be taken and maybe you simply don't have enough permissions to execute the task?

Jim