[K12OSN] samba drives/home folder and MS Vista probs

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Tue Aug 14 03:55:53 UTC 2007

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 22:32:25 -0400, James P. Kinney III wrote
> <sarcasm> dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/hda bs=1024 eliminates ALL windows
> problems </sarcasm>
>
> Sounds like another bug in the permissions mess on Vista.

This doesn't help solve the problem, but it makes me feel better in a small way:

I HATE VISTA!!!!

This has the potential to be the largest distributed computer virus in history.  And
definitely the first that people are willing paying for and using.  I can't believe the
problems my company is getting called for and we ultimately find out that Vista is the
cause.

Oops, forgot the sarcasm syntax :-)