[K12OSN] 5.0.1 EL DVD Install Looking for CDs

David H. Barr dhbarr at gozelle.com
Wed Aug 22 01:59:02 UTC 2007

On 8/21/07, Mark Trimble <matrimble at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Robert,

> Trouble is, I don't have another machine available at the moment to create
> an NFS share on or to serve as a HTTP host and I'm not quite sure yet how to
> setup a hard disk installation.

IIRC I've managed to use a first_cd, dvd, last_cd option.  This was a
much older (~500mhz dual pIII) system, and for whatever reason I
couldn't install straight from DVD.  Essentially I didn't want to
babysit the drive while it re-installed for the third time, so I tried
a shortcut.

I think I began the install with disc1, dropped in the DVD when
prompted for disc2, and put in discX when prompted (it happened to be
the final disc).  We didn't actually end up using the system for much
of anything other than a testbed, so I didn't keep any further
details.

Hope this helps (or at least does no harm)
-dhbarr.