[K12OSN] samba drives/home folder and MS Vista probs

Barry Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Fri Aug 24 02:31:23 UTC 2007

Huck,

I tried putting the identical settings in Samba that you posted here,
today at school and done the ol 'service smb restart', but still no home
folder / H: drive showing on the Vista workstations. I only had a little
time to spend beating on them today. I did notice one new thing, that if I
map the home folder drive manually on each workstation & checkmark "
Reconnect at logon"( which does work),and simply log off,and log right
back on as same user the mapping has disappeared. AKA: The machine does
not even have to be rebooted for the home folder to disappear.This seems
kind of strange to me as well?
  I of course have made the change on the Vista workstations as posted on
many sites to downgrade the Network lanman setting from only accept
NTLM2 , to accept *both* NTLM and NTLM2 in secpol.msc ,just FYI. I never
see any errors in the system log or samba log that tells me anything
that is failing on these workstations, as usually happens when Samba
gets confused on something?
Still scratching.

Thanks

Barry Cisna