[K12OSN] RE: I need a list of good FOSS apps for k12LTSP

Paul Amaranth Paul at Auroragrp.Com
Fri Aug 24 22:40:47 UTC 2007

Crossover will run shockwave 8.5 using a Linux browser, but it's a
licensed product and even the educational pricing can add up for
a lab.

>From what I can see, the way to do it with wine is to install IE
along with the plugins and run the entire app under wine.  If you
need a later shockwave, that's about the only way to go.

That works fine unless you have some requirement to run the browser in
the native Linux environment.

I haven't seen any documentation on how to encapsulate a browser plugin under
wine and run it with a linux browser.  That would be useful.

  Paul

--
Paul Amaranth, GCIH  | Rochester MI, USA
Aurora Group, Inc.   |   Security, Systems & Software