Re: [K12OSN] squirrelmail

Thanks...currently trying to figure out the 'iptables' rule necessary to let users go to https://ourwebsite.com:411/ to get their emails.

pretty sure it's a good idea to use the secure http eh? although not sure if it's necessary as it's using IMAP rather than POP3...so shouldn't be passing the passwds in cleartext. no?

--Huck

Chandler Blum wrote:
We used it up until a few weeks ago when we switched to Horde.
We switched because for some reason SquirrelMail would cause apache to
crash. We believe it had something to do with the amount of ram
squirrelmail would use opening up folders (apparently it opens up every
message in a folder once the folder has been opened, could be wrong
about that). We've got a couple hundred mail users and many of them had
thousands of emails in a folder. That uses up a lot of memory quickly. The switch seems to have helped as apache hasn't crashed recently.
As for security, I believe it is good, its pretty actively maintained.

Just my two sense.