Re: [K12OSN] squirrelmail

Chandler Blum wrote:
We used it up until a few weeks ago when we switched to Horde.
We switched because for some reason SquirrelMail would cause apache to
crash. We believe it had something to do with the amount of ram
squirrelmail would use opening up folders (apparently it opens up every
message in a folder once the folder has been opened, could be wrong
about that). We've got a couple hundred mail users and many of them had
thousands of emails in a folder. That uses up a lot of memory quickly. The switch seems to have helped as apache hasn't crashed recently.
As for security, I believe it is good, its pretty actively maintained.

Just my two sense.

If you don't mind maintaining another box and set of logins, SME server from http://www.contribs.org makes a nice out-of-the-box email server, including imap and web mail. Has anyone glued it into their ldap or other network authentication system yet?

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com