[K12OSN] K12LTSP-7.0.0-i386-BETA5

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Thu Aug 2 04:20:29 UTC 2007

On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 15:50:31 -0700, Huck wrote
> is this BETA5, pretty much good to go? like the final beta before
> release? I've got 10 days before the server MUST be up, and I'm
> squeeze'n each one hope'n 7.0 is ready for production even if it means a
> plethora of "yum upgrade" in the post-install time.

I feel your pain :-)  I'm in the same boat waiting for releases of Edubuntu Gutsy.

You could take the approach I most likely will, make the assumption that it most
likely isn't perfect yet and that there will probably be some small glitches shortly
after the official release that will still need fixes as well.  But that hopefully
those will be minor and be able to be improved within the first couple weeks that
students come back.  And an fresh install now with yum updates every day will be
easier than going with the current version and making a switch just a few weeks/months
into the school year.

Not the most wise approach :-)

Good luck.