Re: [K12OSN] K12LTSP-7.0.0-i386-BETA5

Luis has echo'd my reasoning...
I have a CentOS4.3 server that I use for staff..and I'm not overly impressed honestly..yes it has been rock solid...but there have been a number of things that I've not been able to get to compile(mostly a lack of time to troubleshoot, so I moved those off to my debian server that is my TANK ;)

--Huck

Luis Montes wrote:
Terrell Prudé Jr. wrote:
Any reason you can't use the new 5.0EL version? It's been solid as a rock for me.

--TP
Do you GNU!?
Microsoft Free since 2003 <http://www.gnu.org/>--the ultimate antivirus protection!

Huck wrote:
is this BETA5, pretty much good to go? like the final beta before release? I've got 10 days before the server MUST be up, and I'm squeeze'n each one hope'n 7.0 is ready for production even if it means a plethora of "yum upgrade" in the post-install time.

--Huck

I love centos as a server and 5 is rock solid, but I'd much rather use fedora for workstations. I'm in the same situation as some of you others on this list, that is, I need to update before school starts. If we don't have a choice, I may go with Centos5 or even edubuntu (MueKow looks interesting). Centos 5 will only get maintenance updates and not the latest and greatest software. For example, it uses firefox 1.5 and as far as I know will never get updated to 2.0 from the standard repositories.

Luis