[K12OSN] K12LTSP-7.0.0-i386-BETA5

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Thu Aug 2 18:37:00 UTC 2007

Huck wrote:
> Luis has echo'd my reasoning...
> I have a CentOS4.3 server that I use for staff..and I'm not overly
> impressed honestly..

Hasn't it updated to 4.5?

> yes it has been rock solid...but there have been a
> number of things that I've not been able to get to compile(mostly a lack
> of time to troubleshoot, so I moved those off to my debian server that
> is my TANK ;)

Usually you can find an RPM of anything you might want compiled for
RHEL4 or get the src RPM for the nearest thing (like fedora FC3) and
rebuild it with 'rpmbuild --rebuild' to get working binaries on centos.

I have an RH7.3-based k12ltsp box that just passed 4 years of uptime
(although the uptime counter rolls at 497 days).  Is that a match for
your debian box?

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com