Re: [K12OSN] K12LTSP-7.0.0-i386-BETA5

Huck wrote:
Luis has echo'd my reasoning...
I have a CentOS4.3 server that I use for staff..and I'm not overly impressed honestly..

Hasn't it updated to 4.5?

yes it has been rock solid...but there have been a number of things that I've not been able to get to compile(mostly a lack of time to troubleshoot, so I moved those off to my debian server that is my TANK ;)

Usually you can find an RPM of anything you might want compiled for RHEL4 or get the src RPM for the nearest thing (like fedora FC3) and rebuild it with 'rpmbuild --rebuild' to get working binaries on centos.

I have an RH7.3-based k12ltsp box that just passed 4 years of uptime (although the uptime counter rolls at 497 days). Is that a match for your debian box?

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com