[K12OSN] K12LTSP 5EL and Wine

Daniel Button kdanb at kdanb.com
Fri Aug 3 03:20:49 UTC 2007

Levi,

    I ran into this a couple of times.  I finally found an answer that
worked for me.  I installed that rpm msttcorefonts-2.0-1.noarch.rpm.  I
installed the package from winehq.org.  I searched some sites until I
found reference to the msttcorefonts.  I do not remember where I found
the package.  A Google search should help you find it.

    This package did the trick for me.  I installed on my laptop with
Centos 5 as well as my Centos 4 K12 server.  Works like a charm!!!

    Hope this helps!!

Dan

    Ok, I thought I had figured this out but apparently not. The only
    thing that seems to make a difference is renaming the fonts folder
    in wine. It then seems to go out and find the system fonts from
    CentOS, but not all of them. I'm wondering if copying all the TFF
    files into the .wine fonts folder would fix it? I'll try it when I
    get home, that's where I've been messing with it for now. I don't
    want to mess with my server too much before school. Is there a way I
    can remove and then reinstall wine but showing what may have went
    wrong? Debug it is what I mean. So I can get a better idea of what
    might be causing this, I don't think recompiling it made a
    difference, and neither did installing all the other font packages.
    Thanks.

    Levi