Re: [K12OSN] Quick Question about Swap partitions

R. Scott Belford wrote:
Interesting Note. For my home mail/web/familytree server, I have my swap mirrored across RAID1 on two separate drives. Some time ago either the drives or the cables or the ide channels died. This mobo has 6 ide channels, and my RAID arrays are spread amongst them, so the system is still working. It has no swap and usually uses most or all of its RAM.

It's moderately difficult to tell how much RAM your processes actually need, since most available memory will be taken for buffers that speed disk access but aren't essential and are released as necessary.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les futuresource com