Re: [K12OSN] K12LTSP-7.0.0-i386-BETA5

I finally got it installed using a nfs share to the isos. I read about it on an earlier post:

Petre Scheie said:
"Or put the ISO files you used to create the CDs into a directory on a
server, NFS-export that directory, boot the new machine with CD1 and
enter 'linux askmethod' at the boot prompt, choose the NFS install
method, and point it at the server with the ISO images.  Once you get
the hang of this approach, all others pale."

He was slightly off, but helped out bigtime nonetheless. I just changed 'text' to 'askmethod' after pressing tab on the second option. (I didn't pay attention to whether it would work doing something similar with the first option, I just know this way worked.

Now I am having vnc problems... new post for that though

-Joe

On 8/3/07, Luis Montes < luis montes cox net> wrote:
Joe Korzeniewski wrote:
> Same problem. It happened right after formatting partitions when it
> said "transferring install image". Were you using the dvd too Huck?
>
> I am downloading 6 right now, but I just got two brand spankin new
> beefy servers that are aching for the latest greatest. I might try the
> 7 cd's.
>
> -Joe Korzeniewski
>
> On 8/2/07, *Huck* <dhuckaby paasda org <mailto:dhuckaby paasda org >>
> wrote:
>
>     downloaded BETA 5 today...
>     attempted an install...fatal error blah blah...didn't get to read
>     it all
>     cuz I hit the 'debug' button look'n for more info...something about
>     Anaconda.(don't want none because she got no .. ack! 90's
>     flashbacks!)
>
>     So might just hold out until next week and see if anything changes.
>

>     --Huck
>

>     Huck wrote:
>     > is this BETA5, pretty much good to go? like the final beta before
>     > release? I've got 10 days before the server MUST be up, and I'm
>     > squeeze'n each one hope'n 7.0 is ready for production even if it
>     means a
>     > plethora of "yum upgrade" in the post-install time.
>     >
>     > --Huck
>     >
>     > _______________________________________________
>     > K12OSN mailing list
>     > K12OSN redhat com <mailto: K12OSN redhat com>
>     > https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/k12osn
>     > For more info see < http://www.k12os.org>
>     >
>     >

And this is why I suggested taking the burden off Eric of making a full
blown distro. Having just a repo and a collection of scripts/GUIs would
possibly even make it easier for us to help contribute.

Luis