[K12OSN] Resolution

I have a test-case for screen resolutions in gnome that isn't working the way I think it should.

Let's say I have two terminals with different resolutions set in lts.conf (set using MAC address)

I log into terminal one, and I get the default lts.conf resolution (say, 1280x1024)

Then, I change the resolution using System->Preferences->Screen Resolution (say, 1024x768)

I log out of term1 and into terminal two, and the change I made comes with me, instead of using the default resolution from lts.conf for this MAC

Can I prevent this from happening? I think I can remove ~$USER/.gconf/desktop/gnome/screen/default/0/%gconf.xml on logout but will this help?

Thanks,
  Michael