[K12OSN] Thin-client manager not working - ideas?

David Trask dtrask at vcsvikings.org
Tue Aug 7 07:14:19 UTC 2007

Ok,

Last issue and I'm going home (it's 3 a.m.)  I've just finished getting 2
Edubuntu servers up and running....they are in dhcp-load balance/failover
mode (working fine)...clients boot and log in fine, however screen
blanking, sharing, and monitoring in thin-client manager is not working.
Now...one thing to take into consideration...I am running Samba/LDAP (on
another box using the smbldap-installer on Ubuntu server which I also
installed this evening) as my point of authentication.  It's working fine.
 (there is one little issue and this may have something to do with
it...when I enter...

chroot /opt/ltsp/i386

I get a little message about (see below)

id: cannot find name for group ID 512

Other than that...everything seems to work fine.  Except I can't seem to
get full functionality regarding sharing and viewing screens in
Thin-Client Manager.  I followed the directions in
https://wiki.edubuntu.org/InstallX11VncOnLtspClients  to the letter.  I'm
at a loss.  Anyone got any ideas?  What am I missing?  I'd really like to
get this working ASAP as I need to get ready for the new school year.
Thanks!

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Director
Vassalboro Community School