Re: [K12OSN] Login Problem From Pam_Mount

On Thu, 9 Aug 2007 10:31:27 -0500, Kemp, Levi wrote
> I've got a bit of a problem. I set up pam_mount but something went wrong. All
> my AD users can still log on, but they have to enter their password twice and
> they get an error about ownership of their /home directory. This isn't half my
> problem though. I cannot log in as root. It tells me this.

I can't remember the Fedora particulars but in Ubuntu when you see grub loading you hit
escape to get the grub boot menu then choose the recovery mode for your most current
kernel.  When logged into single user mode vim /etc/nsswitch.conf and change the passwd,
group and shadow to list "files" listed first then "ldap".  Then your local /etc/passwd
and such will take priority over LDAP.

HTH
Jim