[K12OSN] VNC stopped working

John Lucas mrjohnlucas at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 15:08:40 UTC 2007

On Monday 13 August 2007 10:36, Mark Cockrell wrote:
> An update to this...
> When I try "service vncserver start" from the command line I get
> "Starting VNC server: no displays configured".  It seems that a
> configuration file has been messed up somewhere along the lines.  I
> don't know what the magic is that connect VNC to the login manager in
> K12LTSP, so I'm at a loss.  Any pointers?

Make sure you have the package "vnc-ltsp-config" installed. This invokes Xvnc
from xinetd rather than from the vncserver "service". BTW this means that you
also have to have xinetd running and the /etc/xinetd.d/vncts service enabled.

                        - Mark Twain

| John Lucas                          MrJohnLucas at gmail.com               |
| St. Thomas, VI 00802                http://mrjohnlucas.googlepages.com/ |
| 18.3°N, 65°W                        AST (UTC-4)                         |