Re: [K12OSN] VNC stopped working

John Lucas wrote:
On Monday 13 August 2007 10:36, Mark Cockrell wrote:
An update to this...
When I try "service vncserver start" from the command line I get
"Starting VNC server: no displays configured".  It seems that a
configuration file has been messed up somewhere along the lines.  I
don't know what the magic is that connect VNC to the login manager in
K12LTSP, so I'm at a loss.  Any pointers?

Make sure you have the package "vnc-ltsp-config" installed. This invokes Xvnc from xinetd rather than from the vncserver "service". BTW this means that you also have to have xinetd running and the /etc/xinetd.d/vncts service enabled.

Thanks for your reply John, but as far as I can tell that package is installed. I did a "yum remove vnc-ltsp-config" followed but a "yum install vnc-ltsp-config" hoping that might change something, but it didn't seem to. This is a remote server and I use VNC a lot on it, so I'm open to any suggestions at this point. Thanks.

C-ya,
Mark
____
Shrimps' hearts are in their heads.