[K12OSN] Re: VNC stopped working

Mark Cockrell cockrell at honeygroveisd.net
Mon Aug 13 16:09:29 UTC 2007

> vncserver is a different thing, so it's not going to start anything
> unless you configure some screens to start and always remain running.
> Is xinetd running and is the vncts service enabled in its file under
> /etc/xinetd.d/vncts?
>
> If you are using this yourself for administration instead of using it
> for a lot of user sessions, you might like freenx and the NX client
> better.
>
> --
>   Les Mikesell
>    lesmikesell at gmail.com

"Service xinetd status" returns "xinetd (pid 3181) is running..." so I
assume it is running.  The /etc/xinetd.d/vncts file reference earlier
appears to be correct.  I've been using VNC on this machine for a couple
of months and it just stopped on Saturday.  We all know thing rarely
"just stop" so the truth probably is that I messed something up while
doing something else.  I just haven't been able to figure out what.

C-ya,
Mark
____
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -- Martin Luther King, Jr.