[K12OSN] Re: VNC stopped working

vncserver is a different thing, so it's not going to start anything
unless you configure some screens to start and always remain running.
Is xinetd running and is the vncts service enabled in its file under
/etc/xinetd.d/vncts?

If you are using this yourself for administration instead of using it
for a lot of user sessions, you might like freenx and the NX client better.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com

"Service xinetd status" returns "xinetd (pid 3181) is running..." so I assume it is running. The /etc/xinetd.d/vncts file reference earlier appears to be correct. I've been using VNC on this machine for a couple of months and it just stopped on Saturday. We all know thing rarely "just stop" so the truth probably is that I messed something up while doing something else. I just haven't been able to figure out what.

C-ya,
Mark
____
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -- Martin Luther King, Jr.