[K12OSN] how do I add a driver to client

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Tue Aug 14 02:25:47 UTC 2007

The rpm command won't work that way as there is no rpm in the LTSP tree.
What you can do is to get a version of the module compiled using the
same build libs and kernel as the LTSP kernel and lib (the stuff
in /opt/ltsp...) and manually put it in the proper module directory. One
done, edit the modules list in /opt/ltsp/i386/etc and make sure the
module is listed correctly. You will need to know the PCI ID string. In
order to get this string, you may need to use a bootable system like
Knoppix or a smaller system like puppy linux so you can get to a working
lspci command.

It may work to use the --relocate OLDPATH=NEWPATH flag for rpm.
rpm -i --relocate /=/opt/ltsp/i386 filename.rpm

The problem with that is you will have a listing for having that package
installed on the host machine when you really don't. I recommend using
the manual process.