Re: [K12OSN] noatime mount option for better performance

Forgive the lateness; I've been on vacation.

I've used 'defaults,noatime' for my /boot /var and /usr/local/ partitions since I built the server last year. It works well, and from my tests cuts the load significantly.

I started with /var/ because I do a lot of DB stuff, and that's where MySQL keeps its things by default, as well as log files
/usr/local/ is where my custom anti-spam and imap servers are
/boot/ I just threw in there as an afterthought. I'll try /tmp/ next. I definitely can't use /home/ because I have backup scripts that compare file modification timestamps, though I imagine there are a host of other reasons not to.

I do imagine I'll eventually run into some weird error that is caused by a program looking for a timestamp change, I just haven't found it yet.

-Michael