Re: [K12OSN] samba drives/home folder and MS Vista probs

Jim Kronebusch wrote:
On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 22:32:25 -0400, James P. Kinney III wrote

<sarcasm> dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/hda bs=1024 eliminates ALL windows
problems </sarcasm>

Sounds like another bug in the permissions mess on Vista.

This doesn't help solve the problem, but it makes me feel better in a small way:

I HATE VISTA!!!!

This has the potential to be the largest distributed computer virus in history.  And
definitely the first that people are willing paying for and using.  I can't believe the
problems my company is getting called for and we ultimately find out that Vista is the
cause.

Oops, forgot the sarcasm syntax :-)

That's why what Eric, JAM, and so many other hackers are doing is so important.  That's also why it's equally as important that we show folks that there *is* a better alternative.  Even my district (total Microsoft shop) is holding off on Vista because of all the problems that it's causing.

--TP