Re: [K12OSN] K12LSTP Options

Can I do this when using Windows DCHP?

On 8/3/07, Les Mikesell <les futuresource com> wrote:
Mel Wade wrote:
> Let me ask it this way then,
>
> If I have 2 K12LTSP servers on the same network, how can I direct a client
> to connect to a particular server?  (DHCP will be handled by a separate
> server.)
>
> Each LTSP server will only have one NIC.

The next-server option in the dhcp response determines where the client
loads the kernel, and the root-path option is where it mounts the root
directory from.  You can control this per-client by specifying the MAC
addresses in "hardware ethernet entries" or it can be controlled by
subnet ranges if they are on different subnets.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les futuresource com