[K12OSN] samba drives/home folder and MS Vista probs

Barry Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Wed Aug 15 11:34:15 UTC 2007

Hello List,

Thanks again for everyone that posted links &ideas as to a fix for Vista.
Sergio ,
 I read as well were IF you have Samba 3.0.22 or greater this issue should
be resolved. I Also read were,as of Samba 3.0.25 Vista will still NOT
work?

Huck,

Could you decrypt your startup.bat file?
Are you saying I simply put the statup.bat file in my,,
1.  '/etc/samba ' directory ?
2.  uncomment the [netlogin] in my /etc/samba/smb.conf   file
Put these lines in startup.bat ,,,
3.  net use m: \\ltspserver\<sharename> in my startup.bat
4.  run unix2dos                        in my startup.bat,,
4a. or run unix2dos against the startup.bat file???duuhhh me,,sorry
5.  Restart Samba server
Done

What have/did I miss?

BTW: I can Map a drive to this share within Vista Windows Explorer as it
is,but,,, when the client/workstation is rebooted the share( which i
checked " save at login") The drive/share is no longer showing[ as it does
in Winders 2000 & XP.
The fileserver is using Samba 3.0.1   ( FC3)

Thanks

Barry Cisna