Re: [K12OSN] transparent proxying workstations from eth0 to eth1

Oh..one thing I forgot...

if I configure the proxy to bypass dansguardian

10.1.3.1 port 3128

I can hit the internet...but then the content isn't filtered...so it's not a WIN situation.

--Huck

Huck wrote:
eth0 is on 192.168.0.254 (default K12LTSP install)

eth1 is on a static 10.1.3.35...
gateway machine is 10.1.3.1 (running squid/dansguardian)

I am trying to have Windows machines behind the K12LTSP machine(eth0)
access the internet...without success...

I have the following:

[root ltsp ~]# chkconfig --list | grep transparent
transparent-proxying    0:off   1:off   2:on    3:on    4:on    5:on 6:off
[root ltsp ~]# iptables -L
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Any thoughts? Do I need some sort of an IPTABLES rule that forwards port 80 traffic from eth0 to eth1 or something?

--Huck